There are a number of ways to replace missing teeth, but over the years dental implants have won out as modern dentistry’s best overall option. You may have badly discoloured teeth causing you tremendously insecurity; you should never let this have a negative impact on your life.
Whatever the case, dental implants might be the perfect answer to your problems. Everyone deserves to feel confident and secure about his or her smile, and dental implants are here to help. They are resilient, they stay firmly in place and they can be colour matched to fit in with the rest of your natural teeth.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is actually a replacement for the root or roots of a tooth. Like roots, dental implants are secured in the jawbone and are not visible once surgically placed. They are made up of titanium, which is lightweight, strong and biocompatible, which means that the body does not reject it. Titanium and titanium alloys are the best widely used materials in both dental and other bone implants. Dental implants have the highest success rate of any implanted surgical device.
For most people, ordinary bridges and dentures are simply not comfortable or even possible, due to sore spots, poor ridges or gagging. Dentures affect your speech, taste and confidence often stopping people from smiling. In addition, ordinary bridges must be attached to teeth on either side of the space left by the missing tooth. An advantage of implants is that no adjacent teeth need to be prepared or ground down to hold your new replacement tooth/teeth in place.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- Next best thing to healthy, natural teeth – Strong and stable, a dental implant restores a lost tooth so it looks and feels and functions like a natural tooth.
- Built to last. Dental implants are a long-term solution. -They can last up to a life time when properly cared for over time.
- Enjoy life without worrying about your teeth! – No need to stay at home embarrassed because your smile looks different, or worrying about missing teeth.
- Retain your natural face shape, and smile – A face without teeth can sag and appear sunken and sad. Dental implants allow you to maintain natural shape of your face and smile.
- Keep your teeth in your mouth – not in a cup. – Dental implants allow you to keep your teeth where they below – in your mouth whereas dentures may slip or fall out.
- Eat your favorite foods – Taste and enjoy the foods you love without hesitation. You can bite naturally; eat virtually anything, you want.
- Cavities! What cavities – Cavities can’t occur in an implant-restored crown, or replacement tooth; however, you need to visit the dentist as scheduled and clean and care for them and your gums.
They continue to be in very high demand for a variety of reasons. The implants are very strong, stable and long-lived, as long as you take good care of them. As you know, your own teeth require conscientious at-home oral care and regular dental visits. Dental implants are like your own teeth and will require the same care. In order to keep your implant clean and plaque-free, brushing and flossing still apply!
After treatment, your dentist will work closely with you and your dentist to develop the best care plan for you. Follow-up visits will be scheduled to monitor your implant, teeth and gums to make sure they are healthy.
If you are interested in restoring your smile to its natural beauty and you want to understand the radical impact of dental implants then please contact the team at Saving Smiles to arrange your free consultation. Our amazing team can guide you through the next steps so you’ll be in caring hands from beginning to end.