We would like to thank you in advance for being patient and understanding.
This page outlines the modifications to our patient journey.
- Please attend by yourself where possible and arrive on time and not in advance of your appointment.
- Appointments will be staggered so that there is time between patients to minimize the number of patients in the practice at any one time.
- On arrival, please use the alcohol hand gel at reception
- We will ensure you do not wait in the waiting room for long and there will only be a certain number of useable seats in each waiting room
- Please avoid conversations with reception or your dentist as we want to minimise contact and also ensure the dentist doesn’t run behind schedule.
- Any forms filled in at reception or in surgery will be signed on your behalf but with your verbal consent.
- The toilets will not be available for the foreseeable future for patients.
- There will be no magazines or information material for you to read in the waiting room.
In the surgery
- Avoid bringing coats and any accessories like hand bags, mobile phones that you can leave in the car.
- You will be asked to wash your hands In a dedicated sink.
- When sitting on the dental chair avoid touching surfaces and keep your arms folded during the procedure.
- The doors and windows will be left open to ensure ventilation and reduce contact surfaces. If you have significant concerns about privacy then please do let us know.
We will be upgrading our PPE and using the following to ensure your safety as well as ours
- FFP2 masks and surgical water resilient masks
- High volume suction which reduces aerosol by 90%
- Rubber dam placed in the mouth which reduces aerosol by a further 30 -60%
- Gowns for treatment
- Visor shields
- Long aprons for patient
At the end of each appointment we will dispose of all your protective equipment using special clinical waste bins which are incinerated.
At the end of your treatment we will ask you to book your next appointment in surgery and will discuss any payment via BACS or card machine. We want to minimize your time in reception and may contact you to book further appointments if we feel this requires more planning.