This Policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email us or write to us.
We gather and use patient information in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them online.
Forms on this website do collect personal data that you submit, which will be emailed with the intent to store that data on industry standard UK email hosting and practice management records for the purpose of providing you a service.
The Data Protection Act (1998)
Our practice is Notified with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Our Data Controller can be contacted at our practice address or by telephone with any questions you may have or details concerning the protection of your personal data.
Our Practice is Registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Details of our Registration can be seen at http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-200048556 for Weedon and http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-3511456516 for Rushden. Our practice has to comply with the CQC data protection policy for Patient Records both offline and online.
What data we gather
We may collect your data in a variety of ways on this website. Our lawful basis for processing your data will be your explicit consent to us to do so. We may store this data indefinitely.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including your email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to patient enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you expect from your practice, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To transfer or share sensitive patient data with other registered dental or medical professionals
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for research reasons.
Your individual rights
As an individual, you have the following rights in regard to the data that we collect and store:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please call the practice and speak to our Data Controller or Data Protection Officer.
If you feel that there is a problem with the way that we are handling your data, you may complain to the ICO directly at https://ico.org.uk/.