When your tooth is in distress, trust us to handle the situation with care and expertise!
If your tooth is severely damaged, extraction might be the solution.
Rest assured, we can perform this right here in our dental practice, no hospital visit needed!
Our primary goal is always to save your tooth; dentists want you to retain all of your natural teeth for your entire life if that is possible.
Tooth extraction is considered a last-resort dental solution.
Some of the reasons for tooth extraction include:
- You’ve sustained irreparable tooth damage due to advanced decay. Tooth decay can turn into an infection at the center of a tooth, resulting in significant pain. Usually, this condition is treated with root canal therapy. However, extraction may be necessary depending on the severity of the infection.
- A tooth that is growing in has become impacted. This means that it’s trapped partially or entirely beneath the gums. This can happen with wisdom teeth. An impacted tooth can become infected or it may grow into an overlying tooth, causing damage or overcrowding.
- Orthodontic treatment for overcrowding and misalignment. In this case, extracting one or more teeth creates the necessary space for other teeth to come into alignment without any overlap or gaps.
- Periodontal disease has advanced to the point that a tooth has become loose. We do our best to stabilise the tooth and gums using appropriate gum therapies, but sometimes this isn’t enough and the tooth must be removed.
- A tooth has sustained a significant injury due to an accident.
Don’t fret about discomfort! Our extractions are typically done under local anesthesia, ensuring a virtually painless experience. Some post-treatment discomfort may occur, but it’s manageable.
We’re extraction pros, handling teeth and wisdom teeth extractions regularly. Your trust means everything, and we’ve got your back!
No matter the reason for the extraction, we’re committed to providing you with the best treatment and aftercare. Your well-being is our priority, and we’ll ensure you receive the appropriate follow-up care.
Rest easy knowing you’re in expert hands from start to finish!
For more information please contact Weedon on 01327 342412 or Rushden on 01933 312 992, we will be happy to help you.