At Saving Smiles Practices, we like to take the time to understand how to treat you in the way you want. We have a clear process in place for any new patients who may be looking to be treated.
At the initial consultation which lasts approximately 30 minutes, you can expect the dentist to ask you questions about your teeth and your general health. An examination of your teeth, gums, neck and face will be carried out.
It includes the following Oral Health checks:
- Oral Cancer Screening – A check for signs of potential Oral Cancer
- Gum Health Check – Gum disease is something that primarily takes two forms – Gingivitis (inflammation of your gums) and Periodontal Disease (disease affecting the supporting tissues of the teeth). If left untreated, this can potentially lead to bleeding, pain and tooth loss. Don’t worry though, there are plenty of solutions that can treat issues! Ongoing maintenance with the hygiene team will keep you healthy.
- Teeth Health Check – This is to check for tooth decay, wear and damage to fillings, teeth and other restorations. Decay is the primary reason for treatments such as fillings or even tooth extractions.
- Lifestyle Check – Helping educate our patients around the dangers of excessive sugar intake, smoking and excessive alcohol consumption are crucial here too.
- X-Rays are taken to check for decay, assess bone and assess the health of your teeth and the surrounding gum and bone, which supports your teeth and ultimately keeps them in your mouth!